Family Vacation Rental Homes are furnished apartments or houses, or a professionally managed resort complex that rents out homes to tourists as an alternative to hotels. There are many such online operators notable among them being Airbnb or VRBO. You can choose from a wide range of beach houses, cabins, houses, bungalows, condos, etc. Renting an apartment is intuitively a better deal, more space, kitchen facilities, and so on. But like everything, it comes with its advantages and disadvantages.
Family Vacation Rental Homes – Pros
- You have a base – You have full control over what you want to do and when you want to do it. Feel like a nap, a walk, going out, whatever. You get to call the shots. If you are a bit under the weather, stay in, and rest it off.
- Unpack once only – No more living out of a suitcase. Especially senior citizens are much loathed to the idea of having to unpack or look for things every time. Here you remove, stow it into drawers and cupboards and settle in — no need to go searching for socks or floss or whatever.
- No cramping for the room – Vacation rentals afford lots of space per person than a hotel room. Vacation rentals are ideal for larger groups if you pick the right unit. Remember, it’s all yours. And best of all, no sharing bathrooms.
- You can choose your preferred accommodation – You have a wide choice between beachfront property, houses, downtown apartment, etc. Besides, the chances of finding your ideal rental are high.
- Extra – Some may want a Jacuzzi or a barbeque grill. Check the listings carefully, and you will find that cottage offering these extras.
- Savings on food – Many opt for rental homes, especially for this. There is fun in going grocery shopping and cooking to your preference rather than eating out.
Family Vacation Rental Homes – Cons
- On your own – There will not be a property manager or representative available on site. You will have to sort it out yourself. It could prove taxing.
- Most do supply linen, but many don’t, and this is one aspect that requires careful consideration as you will most probably be arriving by air. Check carefully.
- Transportation – You will need to hire a car most probably. If you are in a mountainside log cabin or a beach house, you will need transport to go for groceries or that little bit of sight-seeing.
- Picking up after you – Family vacation rental homes don’t come with a maid service. So cleaning up is your responsibility.
- Surprises – You may be surprised or disappointed in the tacky quality of the fittings or the drab exteriors. Likewise, there is no one to fix it for you or cant in a jiffy. So you have to live with such surprises and take them in your stride.
Family Vacation Rental Homes – Conclusion
The best part of family vacation rentals is that even your pet gets to be with his family which makes it so much fun. Cost-wise, they are more economical than hotel rooms, depending on where of course. But they greatly enhance the freedom and the flexibility of your vacation.